“Turning your dreams into goals and your goals into a reality.”
Bright Minds Academy aims to promote chess in communities and schools alike; teaching people of all ages how to play, how to improve and what it’s like to be a chess player.
“It’s more than just a chess school, it goes way beyond those boundaries. You will learn about patience, focus, social skills, the element of competition and of course, strategy [and problem solving].”
The academy will host group sessions in a chess studio on Saturday’s – 2hrs each. These sessions include:
- A booklet with activities and lesson material
- An instructive/interactive lecture by WIM Jesse February
- Chess history crash courses!
- Learning about the masters of today
- Matches against fellow members
- Tournament practice
- Making new friends!
- Guest lectures from masters around the world
- Information about current tournaments, touring opportunities and how to get involved
I have divided up the group sessions as follows:
this can be used as a guide upon selecting which session suits you best!
- Rookie – 0-1000 rating (Coming soon!)
Learning about the board, names of pieces, how to move them and more!
- Intermediate(10-12pm)– 1000-1300 rating (Available)
Preventing opening traps, learning about tactical motives and basic principles of the opening and middle game
Identifying Patterns: including Pins, Forks, Skewers etc
- Advanced(2-4pm)– 1300 -1500 rating (Available)
Primary focus: Opening and tournament preparation – including
History lessons and learning about the current elite players
Building on essential endgame knowledge
- Master – 1500+ (Coming soon!)
Focus on refining play with game analysis and instructive endgame study and visualisation